Basil Almond Pesto

I'm a BIG BIG fan of Pesto sauce. In an Italian restaurant, my eyes always look out for pasta with pesto. Once in a while the Arrabbiata makes an appearance on our table. But I'm totally biased towards the pesto. So much so that I started growing Basil in my balcony. One of the easier plants to grow.





Pesto works great as a dip for chips too. And its equally delicious as a sandwich spread. I made a pizza with it. Rather, I topped a pizza with pesto sauce and to tell you, it was amazing, as usual.

 I love the fact that it is sooo easy to make and no cooking needed. All you need is a trusty blender.
The original pesto has pine nuts instead of almonds. But the cost of pine nuts had me reaching for almonds immediately. You can use cashews too, it tastes just as good.

Basil Almond Pesto


Basil Almond PestoSauce made with basil, almonds and olive oil. Can be used with Pasta, pizza, sandwiches or as a dip for chips.

Recipe Type:  Sauce
Cuisine:          Italian / International
Prep Time:     10 minutes
Cook time:     0 minutes
Yield:              1/2 cup


Ingredients:

1/2 cup Basil leaves
1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
6-8 Almonds
1 tsp Pepper powder
1 Green chilli (Optional)
1 tsp Lime juice
Salt

Method:

Grind together all the ingredients except the lime juice
Mix the lime juice with the pesto
You can use this as a pizza sauce or a pasta sauce or simply as a dipping sauce
This recipe makes around 3/4 cup



No comments:

Post a Comment